has anyone heard of these??????

FDR

Recruit
i don't know what its called, i have seen it in my boating magazine,(but now of course, i can't find it ;)) its kind of like a 1/2 a pontoon that goes in the front of the boat, in the center, it looks just like a tripple toon but only its a 1/2 toon.
i have a 22' toon, and whenever we take people on it, everyone wants to sit up front. i need to get the front up more, and possibly it will keep my motor from cavatating any help would be great.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: has anyone heard of these??????

yeah, it is an add on. it gets good and ok reviews.

FDR

Recruit

where can i look online to get one????

rrhodes

Chief Petty Officer

Are you talking about a waterglide? If so it won't help with your problem.

You are the captain of your boat. When under way tell them where to sit to ensure your load is balanced.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

The real danger in having too much weight up front is that if you take a wave over the bow, the pontoon acts like a submarine and people are going to get wet. The pontoon will pop back up when it loses forward propulsion but by then, people could be in the water and very likely in the vicinity of a running engine. You're the boss. Make them sit where you tell them or don't leave the dock until they do. If several people get up during the trip, slow down and remind them of the danger of their action. Kids are especially bad about staying seated so instruct them firmly.

chrisg

Chief Petty Officer

I can just see it - stick a torpedo under the front of the toon, It would severe 2 purposes - help in buoyancy, and help remove unwanted obstacles in front of you. ( wire the firing mechanism to the horn!) ;)

One " blast" from the horn, and no one will mess with ya again! :eek: