Need Power Trim & Tilt for Chrysler 55HP

uon1

Recruit
Would anyone know where I can find a complete power trim & tilt unit for my Chrysler 55HP? I have checked a few places online and only found 1 that they wanted an arm and a leg for.

Attachments

• 0412081851C.jpg
    0412081851C.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 0

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need Power Trim & Tilt for Chrysler 55HP

I have one but I would want an arm, a leg, and your first born male child--LOL.

Seriously, I don't know what you consider expensive, but I paid 350 for mine and consider it a decent deal. Once you use power trim/tilt, you will never want an engine without it.

Try going over to The Chrysler Crew and advertise in the classified section. Also, If you can get close to one, check the power trim from a Force 50. They look really similar and it may fit.

That engine is a sweet engine--well designed and powerfull. It is different than any other Chrysler engine. Shame they didn't redesign the rest of the line like it.

Only cautions: 1. If it has Magna Power II, that was a bad ignition and failed regularly. No parts are available so the whole ignition system must be converted if any component fails. 2. Try not to do "Hole Shots" Rapid acceleration from a stop with a small prop will result in damage to the lower unit gears.

uon1

Recruit
Re: Need Power Trim & Tilt for Chrysler 55HP

Thanks for the help.
$350.00 is what I am hoping (cross my fingers) to get one for.