water in cyclinders and now no spark

bssab1234

Recruit
i have a 90hp mercruiser inboard 1996 needed a new started brushes were broken fixed that then we started the water not full force to hose hook-up wouldnt crank over took out spark plugs and water came out of the last cyclinder so we cranked it over to get the water out it had spark at that time then after alot of cranks tried putting plugs in again and no spark never turned on water after we saw water come out again. checked all fuses no power to modular and coil now today we did have a couple of sparks but then no spark and doesnt want to turn over good again any help we are clueless battery voltage good thanks

flargin

Chief Petty Officer
Re: water in cyclinders and now no spark

Wow, lots of questions.

did you check the spark at the wires, it could have been as simple as a wet plug.

but I would be a lot more concerned about where the water came from, do you have a bigger problem? your note;
no spark never turned on water after we saw water come out again.

Does this mean you never turned on the water, and there was more water in the cylinder? if so have you pulled the dipstick... have you filled the block with water... a little confused...

achris

More fish than mountain goat

i have a 90hp mercruiser inboard 1996 needed a new started brushes were broken fixed that then we started the water not full force to hose hook-up wouldnt crank over took out spark plugs and water came out of the last cyclinder so we cranked it over to get the water out it had spark at that time then after alot of cranks tried putting plugs in again and no spark never turned on water after we saw water come out again. checked all fuses no power to modular and coil now today we did have a couple of sparks but then no spark and doesnt want to turn over good again any help we are clueless battery voltage good thanks

If you could put a few full stops and commas in this, it would be a whole heap easier to read... The last thing many of us here who help out need is a post that takes 10 minutes to decipher.

Please add punctuation and we'll have another look at it.

Chris...........

Bondo

Staff member

If you could put a few full stops and commas in this, it would be a whole heap easier to read... The last thing many of us here who help out need is a post that takes 10 minutes to decipher.

Please add punctuation and we'll have another look at it.

Ayuh,... I Agree....

And,....
You've got a glorified Jetski,... Not an I/O.....

You'll get Much Better answers to your problems by posting this in the Jetski forum....

bssab1234

Recruit

Well, there is no spark in all three cycliners. Tried at the wires. As for the water. We hooked it up to the hose connection at first. Then when it wouldnt start we shut it off. that is when we discovered water in the third cyclinder. I did try it yesterday and got few sparks out but then it stopped.

thanks
Sharon