80s 18XD WOT problems

NHfowler

Recruit
The past few times I've been out in my boat the motor at wot just wont hit WOT speed. Starts fine and stays idling fine...however when you nail it it revs slow and wont go to WOT speed. Last time I was out I opened the cowl and noticed that there was white foam all around the intake. Assuming water is getting into the fuel mixture? Foam was also all around the top of carb. After wipping off all the foam I drove around at wot but slow for about 10mins then slowed down for a bit then nailed it and motor ran like a top again. I'm thinking that water is dripping down the cowling and in/near the intake. I leave my motor on the boat uncovered and it's been raining alot around here. Motor never gave me trouble until the rain. Also, I could see the fuel spray coming out of the injector with cowling off and going...not sure if thats suppose to be more of a finer spray? Thanks any help would be great

Laddies

Banned
Re: 80s 18XD WOT problems

It sounds like water in the fuel or a plugged high speed jet both require the carb to be cleaned and fuel to be checked