a Few Hurricane Ike boat Pics

cdnfthree2

Chief Petty Officer
I know that loss of property is nothing compared to loss of life, but here are some pictures that I think would a make anyone sad (Especialy an insurance adjuster). So far, only a few deaths have been liked to Ike.
600xPopupGallery1.jpg

capt_9d32e94f45104c7c964a4ff3794ef7.jpg

capt_cps_nox89_140908181624_photo03.jpg

600xPopupGallery.jpg

We stayed at the Hampton Inn directly across from this Marina/ Dealer in Kemah on Nasa blvd.
2008_09_13t224502_450x286_us_storm_.jpg

642mx

Lieutenant Commander
Re: a Few Hurricane Ike boat Pics

Wow. Those are some huge ships in the middle of the highway.....crazy!

JoeCrow

Petty Officer 1st Class

That hurts,
But on the other hand,
I'd sure like to get in on the salvage of some of those boats

Shizzy

Ensign

that sucks, I cant even imagine losing your boat like that...

Uraijit

Banned

For anybody looking to restore a boat (like the scarab post in the restorations) this could be good news. Insurance companies are gonna be auctioning that stuff off CHEAP.

Could get a good deal on some go-fast engines... :D

david_r

Lieutenant Junior Grade

thats gotta hurt.

do you still have your boat?

if i lived there i would have hooked up to my boat and got inland with it.

the bad part is they knew it was coming and just left thier boats in and near the water......i could understand if you had no way to tow a big boat.......... but a bass boat? that could possibly been avoided.

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade

thats gotta hurt.

the bad part is they knew it was coming and just left thier boats in and near the water......i could understand if you had no way to tow a big boat.......... but a bass boat? that could possibly been avoided.

on the other hand they may have felt saving there life was more importaqint than saving there boat

cdnfthree2

Chief Petty Officer

thats gotta hurt.

I definately still got mine. We went to Galveston for two weeks in July but didn't take the boat. We rented boats and took charters. I am a little concerned about one of the boats we took on a charter though. It was a really nice 42 ft. Delta Charter Sportfisherman and we are hoping to get back on it again soon. I bet those aren't easy to trailer

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

:eek::eek: those pics are horrifying.................make a grown boater cry:(:(. I wonder how much actual damage (structural or mechanical) the bulk of those craft actually sustained?? Most look as if they could be set right back in the water.

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

Sad, but things are replaceable, people are not.

Looks like a few resto projects for the future though

fishrdan

Admiral

I wonder how much actual damage (structural or mechanical) the bulk of those craft actually sustained?? Most look as if they could be set right back in the water.

I suppose it would depend on how the boats were removed from the road, carefully picked up and set on a trailer,,, or hook onto the bow eye with a loader and drag them off the road? While Ike might not have done a lot of damage to the boats, the people cleaning up afterwards might do quite a number on them. I would assume saving a few boats is not a high priority when they are trying to get traffic flowing, just some more debris blown around by the hurricane.

puddle jumper

Captain

I bet some one could get salvage rights to them.

Still a sad day in anyones boats life. Man im glad we dont get those winds up hear with wave suges like that.