Is there anyone who can help me

CINCYFREEZER

Cadet
I purchased a 1999 24' Harris Kayot dek boat last winter it was in the water and it does not have a trailer. I have attempted to get information from the manufacturer but recieve no help. I have never seen the boat hull configuration which is what i need for the weld shop.
I would like to get it out of the water before this winter to do repairs and maintainance to it, and to avoid the costly dock fee's for winter dockage.
It seems there are no used trailers available for sale that are for that type boat so, I figured if I could get the specs for the bunk placement and lengths I could perhaps buy a dual axle trailer and have bunks welded on it.
The welding shop tells me that they have to have the boat out of the water for measurements in order to build one.
I am hoping someone can tell me the specs or where I can find them that are required for a trailer so I can get one made w/out the hassel of trying to find someone to get it out of the water, the marina where I am docked does not have any way to get it out.
Any suggestions?

mthieme

Captain
Re: Is there anyone who can help me

The welding shop should be able to work with measurements.
Have you offered this information to them?

CINCYFREEZER

Cadet

I have no idea what measurements to give them I know the width and the length of the boat they want the description of the hull but I have never seen the boat out of water so I dont know what else I can tell them.
They seem to think they need the transom measurements and bow configuration in order to install any bunks

mthieme

Captain

I was envisioning a pontoon deck boat. Instead I see you have a Vee hull.
Modifying a regular trailer is going to take more than you might think since the hull needs to sit "in" the trailer as opposed to on the trailer. I would urge you to consider rollers for this application too. Of course I have not the first clue what your budget is for this project.

I had some other thoughts this morning (fresh coffee!)

Instead of a welding shop, how about a trailer shop? They would be more familiar with doing this kind of work.

Also, I found this...
http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/boa/838306688.html
It's 21', but you can extend the tongue and probably can move the post forward. Might have to move the ales back back a tad too. Could be workable though.

Although as trailers get bigger, they get fewer, but...
I did a little googling. It's not like you live in the desert. There seem to be some avenues here for you...boat dealers, marinas, trailer parts places, Bass Pro, etc.

Also, I understand this is not exactly in your back yard but you do have Lake Erie relatively close which is going to have a plethora or resources too.