oil change???

I have a 1975 Sears Ted Williams (Eska) 5.5 (mod.# = 217.58571.0) and the motor is a Tecumseh (mod.# = T643-20B). I am wondering about changing the oil, i see the drain plug but where do i refill at and how much do i put in, also what wheight oil should i use? any help would be great thanks. ( sears website does not say)

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: oil change???

I have a 1975 Sears Ted Williams (Eska) 5.5 (mod.# = 217.58571.0) and the motor is a Tecumseh (mod.# = T643-20B). I am wondering about changing the oil, i see the drain plug but where do i refill at and how much do i put in, also what wheight oil should i use? any help would be great thanks. ( sears website does not say)

The plug is a drain and fill plug.lay it on the side to drain.Stand up at a slight angle with the plug up to fill.Fill to the hole with outboard sae 90 gear oil.

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: oil change???

It's not a lot, but I don't know the exact amount. If the hole is on the side of the gearcase, fill it, with the engine upright, like it will be on the transom, until oil begins to come out of the hole, then re-insert the plug. That'll do it. Take your time. It takes a while for the heavy oil to fill all the spaces in the lower unit. Fill, stop, then add more.