Serial number locations 1991 faststrike 150hp

cdnfthree2

Chief Petty Officer
Hello, Can anyone help me find more lcations for serial numbers? I bought my boat from a dealer so I wasn't expecting to have to deal with this but.... A few months after the purchase I still hadn't recieved my title for motor. Original owner had only a MSO and the dealer asked if I wanted it and wanted this to title it on my own. Of course, knowing what a headache this could be, I told them it was there responsibility to fix this. They had the owner fill out an affidavit explaining why it was never titled, and the dealer filled one out also. Now all they need from me is a stencil of the serial numbers. I found them on the back of the Optical ignition 2000 but they are hardly tracable as they are recessed into a round hole. The numbers are also on a sticker on the tilt and trim, but you can't stencil a sticker. Where else might I find them??????

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Serial number locations 1991 faststrike 150hp

MVC-859S-1.jpg

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

You can't stencil them and the dealer should know that. Photograph them instead. You stencil the boat numbers.

cdnfthree2

Chief Petty Officer

Yep, that is exactly how they're recessed on the ignition. I guess this is going to take a little effort. Thanks, TashasDaddy

cdnfthree2

Chief Petty Officer

You can't stencil them and the dealer should know that. Photograph them instead. You stencil the boat numbers.

Sound like a plan. Hopefully this will be acceptable.