is lower unit cooling

I have a 1975 Sears Ted Williams (Eska) 5.5 (mod.# = 217.58571.0) and the motor is a Tecumseh (mod.# = T643-20B). I just got the motor running in a trash can today and did not see water coming from the pee hole. Is that part just for cooling the muffler, and is the motor air cooled? One last question, is there an impellor, thermostat, or water pump on it and if so where are they I cant find them I couldn't find any exploded views on the web either.

Thanks, Clay

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: is lower unit cooling

Yes, your outboard has a water pump with an impeller in the gearcase assembly. It cools the exhaust. You should see water and exhaust coming out of the relief holes on the rear of the midsection.

Go to www.searspartsdirect.com and put your model number in. You can see exploded parts diagrams for your outboard. All the water pump parts are available from that site. They're a bit expensive, though.

Parts are also available from www.certifiedpartscorp.com. You have to call the phone number on the site and talk to the person there. Have your model number available. You may save a couple of dollars, but I'm not sure on yours.

Good luck with your outboard.