New Boat - Thought I'd Share

I'm picking up a new (to me) Rothbilt 18' - my first boat other than the kayak and a 26' Black Watch/15' Hobie Power Skiff I used to run around in as a teenager. Very excited!

roth6.jpg

roth5.jpg

2819304043_c349783b3e_o.jpg

roth4.jpg

Tahoe 55

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: New Boat - Thought I'd Share

Nice boat!
Congrats!

Thanks for sharing.

mlukich

Seaman Apprentice

Congrats... Beautiful looking boat. I'm jealous...

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

great lines, kinda old school, designed definately for fishing. clean easy to move around in.

zach103

Commander

i would get some nice looking cushions for the two benches but thats just me

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

What a great look. Is all that wood teak? I too agree with zack about some cushions, especially on the captains bench.
I will be taking a test ride Sunday for a newer boat as well. I am pretty excited just thinking about it. I sure know how you must feel right now. :)
Good luck, and sure hope she serves you well!

Five O'Clock

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bostonian, cant help but to assume you're from the Boston area, is that true or are you a Bostonian that use to live here?

I could tell you a few places around the Boston area to get cushions if you're still around Beantown.

Bostonian, cant help but to assume you're from the Boston area, is that true or are you a Bostonian that use to live here?

I could tell you a few places around the Boston area to get cushions if you're still around Beantown.

yeah I'm right downtown - I'd love some advice in the local area! thank you!

zach103

Commander

that seems kinda pricey tho. you could always with a cushion for a cooler so than it snaps in.. the back rests in my bowrider blow down when im on the water cuz their not secured.. and they have a wood backing.. im not sure if youll need to do the snaps. but even if you get that cushion you can cut em off

got the boat out yesterday evening - rides really well and is quite fast for a 70 hp! This is my first time boating since my late teens (about 15 yrs ago) but it all came back to me easily - I really missed it. The boat got a lot of compliments - I think I made a great choice with this one...

2867284843_5945771b0a.jpg

2868116624_852e4d309f.jpg

2865854877_5038f68000_b.jpg

2863673695_533e11aa28.jpg

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I'm sure you were grinning ear to ear being your first time in so long. Unique boat. Have fun.

Five O'Clock

Petty Officer 1st Class

bostonian where did you take her out of?

the pic's of the islands and the beaches, where is that?

i'm very familiar with the harbor but I can't tell by the looks of the houses and the lighthouse.

bostonian where did you take her out of?

the pic's of the islands and the beaches, where is that?

i'm very familiar with the harbor but I can't tell by the looks of the houses and the lighthouse.

it's on the way out of the harbor into Cape Cod Bay - that is the final stretch before you round the corner and the bay opens up in front of you. Beautiful harbor....

Five O'Clock

Petty Officer 1st Class

gorgeous.

which harbor are you leaving? boston harbor opens up into Massachusetts Bay, from pretty much duxbury to P-Town the harbors open up into cape cod bay.

krakatoa

Senior Chief Petty Officer

looks like a classic, this boat is pretty, abouth the picture with the house and the lighthouse looks like a wallpaper, NICE!

gorgeous.

which harbor are you leaving? boston harbor opens up into Massachusetts Bay, from pretty much duxbury to P-Town the harbors open up into cape cod bay.

Oh I guess I didn't mention - this is Barnstable Harbor. Going to fish out of there tomorrow :)

zach103

Commander

oo get some pictures.. i like the look of the wood. its a great looking boat.

Marcq

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's a nice boat, saw it for sale on BoatTrader, nice find

Marc..