Mercruiser 350 no start !!!!!

Rinkerguy24

Seaman Apprentice
i have a mercruiser 5.7 350 EFI, i plugged in a noid light at the injector and am getting no light.....what does this sound like and what is it called???
help please........

Uraijit

Banned
Re: Mercruiser 350 no start !!!!!

What year, etc? Are you getting power, and just not the ground pulse (very easy to tests)

Are you still getting spark, without fuel?

Any connectors that are unplugged?

Did just all of a sudden happen, or has it been giving you problems before now?

newport dave

Chief Petty Officer

Are you checking for a signal (light on the noid light) while the engine is cranking? Have you checked the main engine circuit breaker and/or the engine fuses?

Rinkerguy24

Seaman Apprentice

it is a 2000 model , it has power, just does it here and there, we had been at the lake all day stop go stop go then that evening it just decided not to start. it has done this through the summer but i thought we had it fixed when we replaced the battery and drained the water from the fuel tank, have put probably 4 hrs on it since we did this and havent had any problems, till the other night......that is why i had the noid light with me so if it did do it again i could check it and sure enough there was no (signal) from the light..
well after it cools it has no problem starting back up, but i am talking about overnight....i do have a friend that tries to help me out but he is more of an outboard mechanic, he thinks that there may be a problem with the injector pack getting hot and breaking down, he is guessing, and i have no clue if that is even possible...this is why i am looking for help

Rinkerguy24

Seaman Apprentice

hey guys, do any of you have any idea of what may be going on here i am not getting any reponse.....does anybody know????? some help would be greatly appreciated, ....where are the moderators???? they usually know the most...........................................

Uraijit

Banned

You didn't answer any of the questions that were asked of you before.

We can't help you if you don't answer our questions.

chiefalen

Captain

Follow the neg cable off the battery to the ground and clean it good the bolt and the cable .

Disconnect the pos side of the battery before you do anything.