1987 AVON 13' with 15HP Mercury

paulpost

Banned
I'm new to this forum and I need some help regarding if is a good deal or not.
I found this boat and engine for $1500. According to the owner there are no leaks.
My main concern is the age of the boat, 21 years.
Any help will be appreciated
Thanks Paul

jnewtonsem

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1987 AVON 13' with 15HP Mercury

Paulpost: welcome to the forum. I have a 90 15' Avon that I bought about 2 years ago. Avon boats are Hypalon which is more durable than PVC. If the boat has been well cared for not faded, stored inside etc. the age should not be a problem. If not cared for should pass. Don't know where you are located, but a early 90's 16' with 30hp and trailer sold about a month ago on e-bay for $1700.

Look at this forum and there are several threads on older boats and what to look for. Good Luck.

paulpost

Banned
Re: 1987 AVON 13' with 15HP Mercury

Paulpost: welcome to the forum. I have a 90 15' Avon that I bought about 2 years ago. Avon boats are Hypalon which is more durable than PVC. If the boat has been well cared for not faded, stored inside etc. the age should not be a problem. If not cared for should pass. Don't know where you are located, but a early 90's 16' with 30hp and trailer sold about a month ago on e-bay for $1700.

Look at this forum and there are several threads on older boats and what to look for. Good Luck.

Thank you for your help. After searching thie site and getting alott of infos that I have to thaks you all that have posted on this site.