Staff member
Gentlemen......

Google Chrome

I installed it and it blows away ie and firefox:D

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Google Chrome

The absolute FASTEST loading for iboats in my history here!

new_boater

Petty Officer 1st Class

just finsihed the install and all i can say is WOW
i have used Google since it first hit the net and have always found their products to be incredible.

i386

Captain

I just heard about this the other day. I assumed it was in alpha. I'm running it now and will give it a good test drive. It loads pretty fast. I miss my Firefox extensions though.

Wotknot

Petty Officer 1st Class

After reading some of your comments about Chrome I decided to bite the bullet and try it too. All I can say is.............WOW...............Iboats has NEVER came up so fast...........did I say WOW?...............WOW!

rwise

Captain

is it just for winders, or will it run on Linux?

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant

The old Internet industry insider browser, Opera, still beats it, remaining number one in the terms of speed (Acid3 web standards test) and compatibility. It is secure, stable, small, fast, and doesn't have some of the compatibility issues that Chrome has in it's present release with log in sites.

While Google Chrome is not the new world wonder, it is good, and it is really nice to finally hear someone recommend something besides old mainstream browsers Firefox, IE, or Safari on iboats.

I'll stick with Opera as my number one for the time being, but may add Chrome as a backup, just for fun, and to test run web sites for user compatibility after all the possible security issues are fully tested.

For those not in the Windows world, you will have to wait, the beta of Chrome is Windows-only, but they are working on a Mac and Linux version.

Xcusme

Commander

Just out of curiosity..is Google still throwing in the 38 year cookie??

lmannyr

Master Chief Petty Officer

Too bad it doesn't work for my MACs

:(

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant

Just out of curiosity..is Google still throwing in the 38 year cookie??

The “European Union” has much stricter laws concerning user privacy than the States does, and Google has offered to reduce the information they collect on web users here to 2 years, instead of the 38 in America. The EU still says this is to long.

The other major browsers won't release what they are doing with their cookies. This is a major privacy concern for those using the Internet, whether the users realize it or not.

Microsoft & Yahoo wont comment on their use of server side user data they collect. They just say they will record what they want, as required by law, and as long as it is useful for their business purposes.

“Useful for our business purposes” means, as long as we can still sale your data for a profit. :mad:

So even though the questions are there concerning Google, they are much better at disclosure, than the others.

gonefishie

Commander

Yep, test it and pretty fricking fast. All the securities stuffs that you guys are worry about are not any different then what i.e and others are doing. You can set the options to wipe your track clean. The incognito mode is neat as snot.

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant

The German government on Saturday issued a recommendation to the public not to use Google's new Chrome browser because, officials said, it has very serious security gaps.

Germany's top privacy official said the information security office had warned the public not to use Google's new Web browser. This warning is being echoed by corporate and private security experts worldwide.

Google senior privacy counsel Jane Horvath, said no warning had been issued. She was correct. The German government issued a recommendation, don't use it, not a warning.

Google now declines comment, a spokeswoman said.

If you own Google stock, it is probably seen as the best thing invented since sliced bread, and we should all be using it. :rolleyes:

For the rest of us, well, just be careful. Expecting Google to protect your data & identity, is like making the Devil master of your daughters Girl Scout troop.