Table Rock

drknute3

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Havent been to Table Rock since the late 80's and wanting to get back next summer for a week long stay with the family. Was wondering if anyone knew of any RV resorts that are lakeside with covered boat slips? Motorhome is 38 foot is that matters. Wondering how the lake has progressed over the last 20years or so.

H8tank

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Table Rock

Surprised no one chimed in here? Table Rock is probably my fav lake to vacation to that is close. I can't offer any advice on RV parks, we usually stay at a small cabin by Campbells point, but the lake overall is great.

Be sure to have lunch and a long neck at the Campbells point marine grill, and the one at Big M is also very good. Pizza hut at Shell Knob bridge is still there with that staircase, looong.

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

We are going to Table Rock for the first time this summer. My wifes grandparents have a condo somewhere on the lake, but not sure on the location. We are planning on staying with them.

I'd be glad to hear all the info on the lake H8tank if you have the time. I think we are going sometime in July. I want to hit the party spots for sure! :D And I like to eat, so I'll be checking out the restruants you mentioned. :)

H8tank

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well, if staying in a Condo, you will most likely be down in the Kimberling city, Dam area. The big part of the lake.

Here is a map with the marina's listed:http://www.swl.usace.army.mil/parks/tablerock/pdf/tablerocklakemap.pdf

Cambell's point has our favorite floating resturaunt, you can feed the fish from your bench seat. Big M has another, you can find both via the map above.

The Bridge at Shell Knob is a must see, people jump from the cliffs there, water is very nice. There is also a Pizza Hut Dock at the base, you can park and walk up the 3-400 stairs and grab a pizza and a pitcher. :)

I'll be going with family many times this summer, let me know when you are going, we may actually be there as well.

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks for the map! As soon as I get a date nailed down, I'll let you know. I'm pretty excited to try TR. Most of the time we boat on the Ohio river and Kentucky/Barkley lake. It will be nice to see some different scenery.

fixmyevinrude

Petty Officer 1st Class

Checkout Indian Point Campground, Hwy 13 Campground, Campbell Point Campground, State Park Campground. I believe all four of these have full hookups, boat docks within walking distance swim beaches etc. Get a hold of the Corp. of Engineers and try to get a map of the lake. It will tell you what is available at each campground.

I have been going to Table Rock for 45 years and can tell you that it has changed quite a bit lately but is by far still my favorite lake.

UnregisteredUser

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry, even though I live only a couple hours from Table Rock lake, I can not offer any advice. I have only been to one marina and could not tell you what it's name was.

If you like to trout fish, fishing beneath the damn on Tanycomo is awesome. I do go there from time to time and really enjoy it. Just make sure you stay in the channel when they are not running water out of the damn.

samrawet

Cadet

Beautiful Table Rock Lake winds this way through the scenic Ozark Mountains of Missouri and Arkansas, covering around 800 miles of shoreline. The lake finds itself just west side Bronson and south Springfield Missouri.go there that is very nice place.

derekpfeiffer

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've been thinking of heading down there this summer but haven't decided. Lots of people up here in SE Nebraska go down there and LOVE IT. Just curious tho is a 22'6" boat too small to get around down there??? I've heard some of those big lakes get really choppy. Hate to spend that kind of money on a trip down there and only be able to stay in one cove.

Thanks for any input

bruuuuce

Seaman Apprentice

22 foot boat isn't bad, my buddy has a crownline that is 22 foot and he enjoys it. Table Rock is nothing like Lake of the Ozark where you need a yaht!. I run my 22 foot pontoon and it is great, lots of neat places. I hate to tell my favorite place because well I am selfish... But look up cedar wood resort in kimberling city. Great little place not too bad of a walk for the dock.

For camping and covered doc look up whats up doc they have the covered docs and the camping.

If you stay in Cendar Wood when you come out of the resort go to the right and go up the lake and you will find several quite areas to float, boat, ski and tube.

planecrazypilot

Recruit

Folks!
Table Rock Lake is a great place to visit and vacation. I am there most every weekend. If your coming for a week might I suggest Kimberling City and a Place called "What up Doc" there is a great campground with nice showers and plenty of slips to rent for your boat. There is a floating restaurant and a floating ski shack where you can rent tubes and other skiing items. I trailer my boat most of the time, but when I decide to keep the boat in the water for a week or so I always rent from these folks! Just up the road about a mile is the Harter House grocery store. They have butchers there and the hand cut meat is out of this world. There are a few other restaurants there too. If you get down there look me up and I can point you to where the coves are that everyone hangs out at. There are a few of my other boating friends that are talking about making a run down to Arkansas and spend the night and come back...So let me know and I will answer any other questions you have...

Lee

planecrazypilot

Recruit

Oh one more things folks! I have a 29' Rinker and you don't have to have a huge boat on this lake! Don't get me wrong, there are some really big ones, but not like Lake of the Ozarks...

Lee

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

Good info planecrazy. I think we are coming down the 3rd weekend in July. I'm waiting on the boss to confirm, but it looks like we are spending 4 days on the water! I can't wait! :D

planecrazypilot

Recruit

Have a great time! shoot me a msg and I can give you more detail if you want. I will be down there myself and can show you were the good coves are ;)

SNOWFOX

Recruit

Planecrazy,
This will be our first season down there and will be looking for some coves and restaurants near the water. We have a slip at State Park Marina. We drive from DM, IA so we are not there every weekend. We do have a map but having someone that knows the area is better.
Catch ya on the water!

planecrazypilot

Recruit

Snowfox,
Hey State Park is a really nice marina too! A good friend of mine has his 74' houseboat there, so I am over there and hanging out. As far as the coves go, I am thinking I might try to put together a google map or something with some places on there to go and have a good time. See you on the lake

Lee:)

SNOWFOX

Recruit

Google map would be good. Someday maybe I can get a GPS and then enter the info there. I would have some refreshments in exchange for a map:)