Fishing Cape Ann

Fly Rod

Commander
Had a great morning of fishing for stripers on Saturday. The party of four that charters my boat every year have had some excellent fishing. Two weeks ago they charted with me and had over 50 stripers mostly in the 24- 27 inch range with a few keepers.

This past Saturday this same father and sons group was a repeat with a large quanity of fish being caught mostly under the 28 inch size limit. No sooner one of the fellas put his rod in the water he had a 29" keeper. My first thought was that we were going to maybe limit out with 10 keepers. Well, that did not happen, we only had 3 keepers over 28" for the morning.

Now they want to book a 3rd trip in the middle of September. Since they have been coming for a few years. Their next trip will be on me just to show my appreciation over the years.

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: Fishing Cape Ann

That is a great gesture.
Do you ever go out to catch cod, haddock or pollock,say in November?

Fly Rod

Commander
Re: Fishing Cape Ann

No I do not go in November. the boat gets dry docked usually mid October, maybe sooner this year. I will be deer hunting the month of November in the state of Maine. Bottom fishing I do through out the summer. Gearing up to do some tuna fishing in a week or two. There are plenty of footballs being caught on 12"- 14" slugos