wireing fault help please

tonxs

Cadet
hi guys can some one please tell me the engine problem i have. its a 50hp kiekhaeffer.
i have never had a engine that as the plug leads on the distib. with out a lead going to a coil. at the moment i am geting no spark from the plugs.
has this type of distib got points in.it ??? also can some one please tell me the wires that sud go to this. or fax me or email this to me. i think it may have been not wire up right.at the moment it as a black going to earth and a wight going to the side of the distrib on a nut both the earth and wight together . is this right with the black on the same nut as the wight. and the black being eartherd. can this be stoping the plugs from sparking??
if the wight is live and the black is a earth will this not make it sort and stop the plugs sparking
.also as eny mebers got info on a bundy 35hp outboard??
thanks to all... please help with the wireing for mercury 50hp

Laddies

Banned
Re: wireing fault help please

With out a year or serial it's hard to say for sure but it sounds like a older magneto ign where the coil is inclosed inside the magneto.

tonxs

Cadet

yes thats the on i think ????theres no coil at all .is there points in that.one
or are thay on the fly wheel.
thank you engine year may be 69 70:):)

Laddies

Banned

If it's a magneto all the ign. parts are inside it and it will only have 1 wire on it to ground the system out. The CDI systems have a switch box attached with 3 wire going fromj it to the distributor.

tonxs

Cadet

thank you for your info. yes its the old one. i took the distributor off to give it a clean. and now.i have for got how to set it back up right. the engine is a mercury kiekhafer 50hp.i have now got all the spark plus doing ther job. but i need help in setting the timeing back up. as its not runing right . all help will be welcomed.:redface: