02 50hp 3 cyl. mercury outboard.e-start

xltier

Chief Petty Officer
i have no spark to any cylinder.my meter tests 170 ac volts at the green stator wires.i tried a module coil on a cylinder and no help.i disconnected the regulator red wires cause they were shorted together.i diconnected the trigger wires aqnd tested those from the black wire to each of the 3 other wires.and got nothing.i am helping my neighbor out cause a marina said a min.$500.oo cause of the burnt red wires.can anyone help us determine if in fact it is the trigger.they are very expensive to second guess.thanks

Last edited:

Laddies

Banned
Re: 02 50hp 3 cyl. mercury outboard.e-start

Here the specs from CDI
scan-1.jpg

xltier

Chief Petty Officer

thanks,ill check those tomorrow.

xltier

Chief Petty Officer

got back to my delema.i took all the test i could find.the results are i have 180 ac volts on the yellow stator wires during crank.i have .5-.9 ac volts on the 3 trigger wires when i hook to black and each of the colored wires.hard to believe all the trigger circuits are dead.i checked the 4 module wires.ground to block on black wire.no ground to black w/yellow with key on..5-.9 on the trigger wires.180 ac on other wire.rectifier wires melted together.can it be the trigger on all 3??? they r telling me around $300.00.so i wanna make sure.thanks

Laddies

Banned

I doubt that the trigger is your problem, the melted wires and what caused them probably are and I would check that problem carefully to find the source. With the cost of parts if you are in doubt take it to a qualified repair shop