Story from the vault

Heres a story i had in the vault, i was in Orlando last week at Disney and visited my uncle and we were talking about the good ole days and he reminded me of this classic....

3 years ago, i was visiting my Uncle in Orlando,Florida for a week, it was a very nice relaxing vacation. We decided to head out one day on his 30' boat and do some fishing, now with me being form Northwest Indiana, ive only been out on boats fishing in the great lakes area, ive never been deep sea fishing, so this was going to be a new experience for me, apprehensive as i was, i couldnt wait to get out there (you know the whole shark, and whale thing) makes you think for a minute, i mean come on, you fall out of a boat in lake michigan, your only real enemy is the pollution... ok.... so any way...we load the boat at his house the night before, he explains the different fish we are going after, the different baits we will be using blah blah blah....

im getting excited like im 15 years old again...we finally get to the slip, unload the boat, you know the basics, we head out, he tells me we are going around 20 miles out, im like 20 MILES....are you crazy, but then i remember that really isnt that far, and of course i trust him..so we fished all day, catching fish, losing fish, getting sun burnt, you know good ole fishin....

we are finally heading back in at about 30 mph and im watching the depth finder and was in awe because its reading 320 ft.....315 ft....350 ft....320 ft...315 ft..40 FT....40 ft .....320 ft... we both looked at each other with puzzlement, he mouths WTF.....so we turn around and make the same run in our wash.....
320 ft.....315 ft....350 ft....40 FT....40 ft .....320 ft... were looking off the side of the boat....visually..... nothing, he turns his depth finder off and back on, back and fourth same thing about 6 times, the 7th time he just keeps on going, maybe its just a reef he tells me, i go BS we woul dsee that....just as were about to get on the motor and pick up speed, a huge noise suddenly catches our attention, and visually i look and see this huge black ....something coming out of the water, i look closely and its a fricking nuclear sub surfacing, and it wasnt gentle.... now if you were ever going to "have an involuntary bowel movement" this was one of those times...my eyes were transfixed, my heart completly stopped, i was paralyzed like a deer caught in the headlights....i couldnt speak , i was just in awe

Now i dont know if you relize just how big a Submarine of the modernized Navy is, let me just say, compared to the 30 ' boat i was on, it looked like a sky scraper coming out of the water, it didnt stop, it came out so hard and so fast the wake it created nearly cap sized us, after we were far enough from it, thats when the blood return to my face all bodily functions became 80% controllable and my uncle told me he needed to change his drawers....he kept yelling did you see that?, did you see that?, i said yes i seen that where the hell do you think i was you crazy old man,:eek: i looked on the floor of the boat, and my uncle got so scared his false teeth fell out of his mouth and were rolling around on the rocking boat...., now that got me laughin, i kept yelling at him go...go ...go... i didnt know if i was scared or if i was excited, all i know is i was laughing my arse off because of those darn teeth smiling at me from the floor of the boat..... :D

the funny thing about all of this is if you would be quiet for a few seconds...you could actually hear the sailors laughing at us inside that sub...:D

i know i would have been.

Happy Boating all

FM

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Story from the vault

LMAO,

Great story.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Great story.........LMAO at the false teeth line..........thanks for sharing................:):)

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

I always wondered how many or if any boats have capsized due to subs surfacing :eek:. That would of scared the heck out of me to :redface:. Good thing they were not target practising :eek:. I wonder what the old man was trying to say as his teeth popped out of his mouth, most likely "oh s***". :D

Good one.

MikDee

Banned

Wow! Thats Amazing, and Shocking, at the same time! :eek: Thanks for the story!

Tyme2fish

Commander

Involuntary bowel movement!!LMAO That I have personal knowledge.:eek:

False teeth smiling back.ROTFLMAO!!