Possible to rent a boat trailer?

WardenJ

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello-

I need to transport a Sea Ray 260 Sundancer from San Diego, CA to the SF Bay Area. I have the tow vehicle (F250 Diesel), but I need a trailer for the boat. Are there places that rent boat trailers? Does anyone have tips for sourcing a trailer temporarily? Thanks!

Splat

Lieutenant
Re: Possible to rent a boat trailer?

Check Craigs List.

There are manyt around here that have their trailers available for rent.

Bill

ferrellb

Seaman Apprentice

I'll add that you could post the need to craigslist too. We have had problems solved FB

gatorgitter

Cadet

I've tried to do the same thing w/no luck , in central fl. I called a bunch of places, and even did the craigs list thing, but no go. I think tag and insurnace is the issue for most people. I had a couple of friends/friends of friends offer, but none of the trilaers would work. So I ended up buying a used trailer off craigslist, fitted it, and I'm good to go.

best of luck!
gator

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

I think Sea Ray actually has a program that if you have bought one of their boats, you actually get a limited use of a trailer for that particular boat. One of my dads coworkers had a Sea Ray, and was able to trailer down to the gulf every year because he would get the loaner trailer. I am sure some limitations apply, but it may be worthwhile to contact them.