Motor runs rough and stalls

force 70 owner

Recruit
I need to order parts for my Force 70, for example a fuel filter, but do not have the boat at home to visually confirm specific parts. Is there a website or some easy way on the web to determine this?

My Force 70 runs rough--it sometimes vibrates--often stalls and can be hard to restart. What are the best sequential steps to take in troubleshooting?

Thanks for your help!

godfather318

Cadet
Re: Motor runs rough and stalls

I would suspect it is a carb or timing problem. I would first check timing as this is much easier than carb settings. First I would make sure that the timing is set to proper TDC(top dead center) and crank the engine if it is and then recheck to make sure it stayed at TDC, if it changed I would pull flywheel and inspect the key. If all that is fine then I would have to say u have a carb problem, but second you might want to check fuel line and pump and housing before adjusting carb. if fuel system is ok then adjust carb, hope it helps. Most problems today are the carbs due to many factors, most being stored for periods of time without running, the gas now a days, are clogged ports in carb.