how do you fish?

boatradioman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
how do you fish,do you fish for sport or do you keep your fish? where do you fish?

Shizzy

Ensign
Re: how do you fish?

Mostly for sport. Northerns and Bass. they all get tossed back regardless of size. once in a while when Im in the mood Ill pull out the crappie pole and bring home enough panfish for a meal. Mostly just small metro lakes.

bekosh

Lieutenant

I've found that about 8oz of C4 suspended at 12ft gives the biggest bang for the buck.:D

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

Majority of my fishing is for largemouth and spotted bass. Purely sport for me, with the occasional tourney thrown in there.

Second is probably Stripers/White bass. Sport there too.

Then, at the coast, we get a lot of eating fish - flounder and seatrout. Reds for sport too.

Up in small lakes/large ponds in the mountains, I might fish for trout every now and then (stocked trout), so they are eating fish. Never had much, if any interest with fishing trout streams, or anywhere that there is moving water. I need to have a nice boat deck, a dock, or a good section of shore, where my feet stay dry, to fish off. Hence why I dislike surf fishing as well. Can't stay dry.

jfkkesler

Seaman

I am a serious Kokanee salmon fisherman. I fish in my local lake, Lake Stevens, in Lake Stevens, Washington. They may not be huge, but some of the best fighters I've ever fought for their size. I also can't resist the silvers and Chinook's when they come in, especially up the rivers. I have noticed a large portion of the posters are from the East Coast. Gotta represent the West!

Labman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I fish Pike, Walleye,Perch and Trout in Alberta, then I go to B.C. and fish for Trout and Kokanee in the Revelstoke/Sicamous area, or flyfish in the Merritt or Clearwater areas, finally I spend at least 2-3 weeks each year on the west coast fishing Salmon and Halibut.

The rest of the time I waste at work!:D

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Most of my fishing anymore is either Tournament or Trophy fishing with a couple of "food" trips with the kids thrown in here and there.

I fish the migrations so everything is cyclic for me. We start out with Stripers in early March followed by Blues and Drum. By summer the action moves offshore and Tuna, Mahi and White Marlin are the typical query.

Fall returns and along with it comes the migration of the Drum, Blues and Stripers back down the coast to winter over in the area. Some of our best fishing takes place from late December into February.

mlukich

Seaman Apprentice

Guess I'm an oddball... I fish to be on the water, enjoying the peace and quiet of nature. Watch the birds fly, the gators stalk, and the fish jump. Don't really care if I catch anything or not... If I do, it goes right back in so the next person (my kid or grandkid?) can catch it.

Mark

Shizzy

Ensign

Guess I'm an oddball... I fish to be on the water, enjoying the peace and quiet of nature. Watch the birds fly, the gators stalk, and the fish jump. Don't really care if I catch anything or not... If I do, it goes right back in so the next person (my kid or grandkid?) can catch it.

Mark
99% of the time im by myself (by choice) and Im sure at least 50% of my time out on the lake is spent layed out on the casting deck with a beer in one hand, a smoke in the other just staring at the clouds. :cool:

TonyNoriega

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I own and use my boat for one reason only: to fish! I live in Tampa about 7 minutes from Tampa Bay and try to have at least one day a week on the water.

I do keep fish for food when they're legal but I certainly don't mind returning others back to the water.

HONKER1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Spend 1 day a week (Spring to Fall) fishing for Kokanee mostly by myself. Can get people to go along in the Spring, but after a month they are tired of fishing or me, not sure which.
Next 2nd favorite is Bass. Good fighting fish. Most all Bass are shot (pictures) and thrown back.
I've tryed Salmon fishing, but the only thing that fights more then salmon, is a salmon fisherman. Can consider that a relaxing time on the water.

tnduc

Petty Officer 1st Class

I keep all legal size fish since everyone in my family loves seafood....

mthieme

Captain

I usually fish in the water.
Since the fish around here all seem to be longitudenly challenged...sport.