force, yr? hp?

catchme1

Recruit
ok, need some help... bought a 17ft bayliner boat w/ a force motor. The guy i bought it from did not know what yr or hp the motor was due to the decals missing. I assumed it was a 90hp due to previously owning one years ago and as far as i can remember they look the same, and im also assuming its a 95...the yr of the boat its on. The ser# is OE110275, but i cant find the model #(not that I can tell from either). I found a # behind the carbs (825195c) and one on the lower part of the cowling (1008199830). can anyone help me identify this hp and yr?

Bigprairie1

Commander
Re: force, yr? hp?

Welcome to Iboats.
First, I recommend you post a photo if you want a thorough, accurate response.
That said, if its a (2) cylinder I believe its a 50hp. If its a 3 Cylinder its either a 70hp or 90hp. Three carbs on a 3 cylinder will indicate a 90hp. If its 4 cylinders its a 120/125hp. If its 5 cylinders its a 150hp.
If its white in color its probably an 88/89 or older. If its a dark charcoal color its a 89 or newer.
All Good
BP:cool:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Serial numbers ranging from OE93700 - OE138599 were used in 1995.
So you were right.

catchme1

Recruit

thanks alot. i have been reading alot on here about the stalling problems and hard starting after an hour or two of use, and have been experiencing the same problems. one time out the fuel pump came completely off the motor and i had to put it back on several times, finger tight, to get back to the ramp. since i have lock tighted the bolts, but have been experiencing the stalling, hard start prob. I also am having a very oily engine when i remove the cowling. Do you suppose this is a fuel pump problem, and should i rebuild it.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Could be fuel pump, or adaptor plate gaskets, leaking exhaust into the cowl area. It will choke the engine.

Try running with the top cowl off when this happens.