Mariner 150 V6 2Stroke

reldasb

Recruit
I just bought a 1999 ProCraft with a Mariner 150. From a cold start, the outboard starts very easily and idles very smoothly right around 1000 RPMs. Once I idle out past the no wake zone, I start to give it a little throttle and as soon as it gets to about 2000 RPMs the Low Oil/High Heat indicator light comes on. I take it back to an idle and back to neutral and the light goes off. I have checked and the oil levels are fine, the oil tank caps are on tight (I was told to check that this could cause vacuum issues). The low oil/high heat indicator is one and the same on the dash panel so I dont know which issue I am running into. Any thoughts on what I should check?

Thanks,

ronnieboy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Mariner 150 V6 2Stroke

hi, check the oil screen in the res tank, oil can jell and clog the system, just empty , wash out with naptha, and install new oil. good luck ron

gss036

Commander

Oil alarm is normally beep-beep-beep, heat is beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. Not familiar w/just a light. Do you have an alarm horn?

j_martin

Admiral

If the engine is about the year of the boat, the light could be hooked to the alarm circuit. It would flash for oil problems, stay on solid for heat problems.

Oil usually gets broken and stays broken till it's fixed. heat comes and goes. Sorta sounds like water pump service time.

A water pressure gauge would sure help in the diagnosis.

hope it helps
John