-03 Mariner 115 leaks Tilt/trim oil from Ram

Fiskeb?ck

Recruit
Hi,
My 2003 Mariner 115hp 4 cyl leaks a litle bit of oil through the top of the Tilt/Trim cylinder every time I lift the engine.
When oil is topped up it works fine but it start having problmens after a few days out. Then the Tilt/Trim unit have trouble lifting the engine, and if I lift it too high I need to push it down by hand the first bit.
Has anyone experienced the same and can advice me of what needs to be replaced? Is it diffcult to repare?

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: -03 Mariner 115 leaks Tilt/trim oil from Ram

Get on the Crowleymarine.com web site and look up the exploded parts diaghram for that motor. See if there is a repair kit for the PTT. I had the same issue on my '98 Johnny, I bought all the rubber parts for about $50, and replaced a wiper and a few orings and the unit works perfect.

Fiskeb?ck

Recruit
Re: -03 Mariner 115 leaks Tilt/trim oil from Ram

Thanks for the tip! I did and it shows the shockrod needs to be repaced as a complete unit. I can see that the parts where is leaking is included in that assembly. Now I need to decide if i change the shockrod for $350 or the entire assembly with pump and all for $750.... I better do the later and keep the old for spare i guess.