Merc 115 fuel problem

Bob37814

Seaman
Merc inline 115 s/n 5416341 I pump the bulb until I get gad squirting out of the top carb, It will start and run and idles at about 1000rpm. I can rev it up using the fast idle on the control box, but if i completely close the fast idle it fades down and stalls in about 5 seconds and then after much choking and pumping the bulb it starts and does the same thing. I noticed the bulb is not hard after it dies......Would it be worth my while to throw a fuel pump kit at this deal or am I looking after something else????? Thanks so far on this motor. Trying to get the bugs out of it since i got her running finally:D

Yepblaze

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Merc 115 fuel problem

The over flowing carb says the carb(s) need attention. Perhaps new needle/seat(s)

And if it is starving out once underway service the fuel pump.

If you buy the check valve kit, it comes with diaphrams.

have you rebuilt the carbs yet, you shouldnt have gas shooting out of a carb when you pump the bulb

Bob37814

Seaman

I have been told that its easy to overpressure the carbs on these old inlines. I have to really force the primer bulb to get it to drip a few drops, hence the top is the only one that does drip. I have not rebuilt the carbs but im guessing that is next on the agenda, along with the fuel pump for good measure