No Trim?

MacPE6

Recruit
I have a 2006 suzuki 200 and was planning an early day tomorrow but...

I was op-checking everything and the motor trim is not working. I does not work on the remote or the motor. I have checked the fuse's in the motor. I bumped the starter to make sure there is power in the system and that is good. All other power seems to be in good order.

Any ideas? The whole family is now totally bumbed as we were all planning to go out in the am tomorrow to fish and play some.

James R

Commander
Re: No Trim?

It is not probable that both trim solenoids have failed so it is either. The switching circuit or the common power to both solenoids or the motor. Test meter on DC volts and check that the power is getting to the solenoids. If power is there jump the two large teminals on one of the solenoids. Use a pair of pliers or a screw driver and avoid shorting anything to the motor casings. The pump motor should run. If not then the motor could be defective or the feed wires cut. If all that works then you have a problem in the switching circuit. My bet is that there is no power to the solenoids. Check the wiring and connections.
Hope this helps.