Well I found the problem.... Cracked head 99 VP that I purchased in the spring :(

compman723

Seaman Apprentice
This is a totally different topic so I started a different thread. This is my prviouse thread here of when i was trying to figure out the problem....

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=251442&goto=newpost

It finally stalled and so i pulled the plugs and while looking at the engine from the boat the right front plug had a considerable amount of water in the cylinder when I removed the plug so it is definately something cracked.

I had talked to a service rep on this Volvo Penta model and he said there is a tendency to mess up while winterizing them which can cause a problem.

The bad thing is I bought this boat this spring and so it was never something that I did to what I can think of.

Does anyone have any idea on how to go about this. I think the previous owner always brought it in to get it winterized so does anyone think I could get them to take the bill or what?

Also has anyone had this happen and no what did crack?

Any help is greatly appreciated....

It is the 99 4.3L GL PWTR engine model......

THANKS!!

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Well I found the problem.... Cracked head 99 VP that I purchased in the spring :

I think the previous owner always brought it in to get it winterized so does anyone think I could get them to take the bill or what?

Ayuh,..... The Odds of that are Slim to None....

The easiest way to nail down Exactly where the problem is,...
To isolate the Block's cooling system,+ Pressurize it with Air,+ Listen for the Leak....
Leave the sparkplugs Out so you can hear each cylinder...

compman723

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Well I found the problem.... Cracked head 99 VP that I purchased in the spring :

Does anyone have an estimate on what something like this would cost to get done compared to doing it myself?

I am plenty capable but don't have much time right now...