Trolling Motor Help!

rellison8

Cadet
Hi all,

I am new to this forum. Looks like some great info though.

I have a Lowe 160 1992 year boat that came with an Evinrude Trolling motor on it. It is a 12volt only model and have no idea how many LBS of thrust it is. Anybody got any ideas on how to figure it out. I have the model and serial number if that would help.

Thanks,
Randy

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Trolling Motor Help!

We can't see the motor so yes, the model and serial number would be the only way someone could identify it.

rellison8

Cadet

Model # is BFL2TK

Serial # is H 02741330

Hope that helps.

Thanks again

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Can't find the thrust for that motor but it is listed as a 1990 model.

rellison8

Cadet

Can't find the thrust for that motor but it is listed as a 1990 model.

Can't find that info anywhere either but thanks for the help.:cool:

Anyone else wanna take a shot or have any other good ways to figure it out. I am open to about anything at this point but don't know what to try.

rndn

Commander

Is there some special reason you need to know? If it's a 1990 model I'm going to guess no more than 36# thrust.

rellison8

Cadet

Is there some special reason you need to know? If it's a 1990 model I'm going to guess no more than 36# thrust.

Yeah my reason is that I have a almost new Minn Kota that a guy gave me cause he don't have a boat anymore. It has a lot of nice features including a much more friendly to operate foot controller. However it is only 33# thrust. All be it a nice motor I would never put it one if it is gonna cost me thrust cause I fish on rivers 90% of the time and barely have enough as it is. However if it is smaller than I would put this one on for sure. Just tough to make a decission when you don't know what the one your running is.

Thanks again.