My niece is also my sister-in-law

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
I know you don't often hear that outside the state of ******** [edited for polical correctness], but it's true. Can you guess how it came about?

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: My niece is also my sister-in-law

Your brothers daughter marries your wifes brother.

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> I know you don't often hear that outside the state of ******** [edited for polical correctness], but it's true. Can you guess how it came about?
Carelessness?<br /><br />Lack of judgment?<br /><br />Lack of self-control?<br /><br />They're Tasmanians?

eeboater

Commander

Your wifes brother married your niece?<br /><br />Or<br /><br />Your stepbrother married your niece?

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

They're from Arkansas and it don't matter?

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I don't know, but I don't think I would admit it. :D

gspig

Chief Petty Officer

"I'm my own grandpa"

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

yer scarrin' me JT ... :eek:

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Okay, it's not so sinister as all that; her grandparents (my inlaws) adopted her when she turned eighteen, for some kind of social security benefit I don't know the details of. It's not a scam, though, as she had been living with them for two years. Seems adoption at 18 is just a matter of paperwork since there's no kind of custody rigamarole.<br /><br />But there's an even more interesting story on the wife's side of the family - this is the deep east Texas branch I'm talkin' 'bout.<br /><br />When Mrs. jtexas was fifteen, her first cousin "Danny," then eighteen picked up her other first cousin "Brenda," age fifteen, also "Danny's" first cousin, at the high school one morning. They drove to Oklahoma to be married by a Justice of the Peace there. Of course she had no ID to prove she was of age, so he (the JP) suggested she go down to the bait shop & get a fishing license. Apparently back then in OK you didn't need ID to get a fishing license, just fill in your DOB and "address." I guess you didn't need a blood test, either.<br /><br />Of course now, 30 years later, they're still happily married with two sons, one in college the other married with two kids of his own. But it took years and years for the family to get over that one.

ob

Admiral

Now I'm scared too. :D :D <br /><br />A guy I used to work with divorced his wife and married her sister.Had kids with both.Some of the guys teased him and said that his wife was his sister -in -law and his children were cousins,or something like that. :)

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> Okay, it's not so sinister as all that; her grandparents (my inlaws) adopted her when she turned eighteen, for some kind of social security benefit I don't know the details of. It's not a scam, though, as she had been living with them for two years. Seems adoption at 18 is just a matter of paperwork since there's no kind of custody rigamarole.<br /><br />But there's an even more interesting story on the wife's side of the family - this is the deep east Texas branch I'm talkin' 'bout.<br /><br />When Mrs. jtexas was fifteen, her first cousin "Danny," then eighteen picked up her other first cousin "Brenda," age fifteen, also "Danny's" first cousin, at the high school one morning. They drove to Oklahoma to be married by a Justice of the Peace there. Of course she had no ID to prove she was of age, so he (the JP) suggested she go down to the bait shop & get a fishing license. Apparently back then in OK you didn't need ID to get a fishing license, just fill in your DOB and "address." I guess you didn't need a blood test, either.<br /><br />Of course now, 30 years later, they're still happily married with two sons, one in college the other married with two kids of his own. But it took years and years for the family to get over that one.
Gonna take me years to figure it out. Is it time to go fishing??? Duh.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> Okay, it's not so sinister as all that; her grandparents (my inlaws) adopted her when she turned eighteen, for some kind of social security benefit I don't know the details of. It's not a scam, though, as she had been living with them for two years. Seems adoption at 18 is just a matter of paperwork since there's no kind of custody rigamarole.<br /><br />But there's an even more interesting story on the wife's side of the family - this is the deep east Texas branch I'm talkin' 'bout.<br /><br />When Mrs. jtexas was fifteen, her first cousin "Danny," then eighteen picked up her other first cousin "Brenda," age fifteen, also "Danny's" first cousin, at the high school one morning. They drove to Oklahoma to be married by a Justice of the Peace there. Of course she had no ID to prove she was of age, so he (the JP) suggested she go down to the bait shop & get a fishing license. Apparently back then in OK you didn't need ID to get a fishing license, just fill in your DOB and "address." I guess you didn't need a blood test, either.<br /><br />Of course now, 30 years later, they're still happily married with two sons, one in college the other married with two kids of his own. But it took years and years for the family to get over that one.
And a paartridgeee in a peeaaarrr treeeeeee.....

LazyJ

Seaman

hasn't everybody had a "kissin' cousin" at one time or another?

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by LazyJ:<br /> hasn't everybody had a "kissin' cousin" at one time or another?
Umm.... no.

TilliamWe

Banned

I tried to date my brother in law's niece a few years ago. So if we had married, his niece would have also been his sister in law. And there would have been no strange blood mixing or straight trunked family trees at all.

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

"its not a scam" its just adding a dependant child until the age of 23 if in college on the social security rolls to the tune of about 362 bucks a month that all, or 5x12=60 x 400=24000 bucks uncle sam pays out in unearned social security<br /><br />HMM SISTER ALWAY WANTED A GIRL, MAYBE SHE COULD ADOPT MY DAUGHTER.