Ignigtion friction switch

da83moon

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sorry for all the questions but on my 79 55 eveinrude what is the knob on the control plate supposed to do? I think its the ignition friction controller? Just wondering with me fiddling with it is why after warming up now that it kinda dies now. Just wondering what it does and should I touch it, adn since I did I do I adjsut it right. Also what is the buzzer thing for, I saw the wire is loose and sometimes it buzzes, after one buzz I quit workign on the engine and tuning it up. Thanks for the help guys my manual is on the way!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Ignigtion friction switch

the friction knob has nothing to do with the motor running, just how easy the handle is to move. the alarm, is so the motor can tell you when it diagnosis a problem, and you need to stop the motor.

da83moon

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What kind of problem? The muffs slid to the side and there was a split second the water flow went down, do you think that could cause the problem?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

if the alarm is not going off, you may have got lucky, but it doesn't take long to burn up that rubber impeller. all you can do is try it.

da83moon

Petty Officer 2nd Class

IT stills pees hard and fast, jsut as it did the first time, no sputters no nothing. I'm goign to change it soon.