water leak

i found a water leak under the cylinders i took the head off and foun out it was the bottom of the block not a seal wich i was hopeing for so i think i need a new block and i taold my dad and he said he wanted to weld it or put some epoxy to sel the hole i tld him he was crazy cause it corroded through the block and wont have enough metal or might warp it welding it let me know what yall think

Mr curious

by the way 40esg 1988 yamaha

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: water leak

well i am in no way suggesting it but a friend of mine used JB weld on a cracked block in his race car and finnished out the season :eek: but i don't think i would try it

lots of boats

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi
If the water is leaking out of the head, becasue the head is cracked or corroded, then replace the head and the gaskets. If the water is leaking from under the head, past the gaskets and the cylinder liner is OK but the block is corroded or eroded then you have nothing to loose by gluing welding or using a sealant, but to weld it the whole block and liner may have to be preheated, or it might crack.

yea its leaking right before the gaskets i just dont know homw much i trust glueing it i really just want a new motor but it will be a year or 2

well i got the hole patched with jb weld just waiting for it to cure i attached a pic from before the jb i found one hole and two about to start well i shall see what happends

Attachments

• IMG_5230.JPG
    IMG_5230.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 0

since i almost got the parts the question comes locktite the bolts in and the gaskets my dad swears i need permatex from a gasket on the seals im hopeing someone has some insite on thisi removed the exast plate also tp clean it out need to know how to seal this