Outboard back to school sales?

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant
Well the major school vacation season is over here (Germany) and the kids are back in school.

What happens, the big marina cuts their new outboard prices by up to 50%. :D

They are now selling new with guarantee/warranty, for less than people are trying to get for five+ year old models.

How much room to play, do they have on them? :confused:

It is quite easy to find this information out in the Internet for the automobile industry.

Is there a way to get this information for outboards? :confused:

Firestar

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Outboard back to school sales?

I'm jealous.
I have a 18ft Sylvan Profisherman sitting in storage for the last few that needs an outboard.

I haven't been able to find any deals.

I'd jump on a 50% off on a new outboard.

dodgeramsst2003

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Be careful what you wish for firestar. Remember, he is talking about germany, where prices tend to run highter even with the weak dollar. His 50% off might just be regular price here. Everything has to be shipped from it point of manufactur.

Firestar

Chief Petty Officer

Be careful what you wish for firestar. Remember, he is talking about germany, where prices tend to run highter even with the weak dollar. His 50% off might just be regular price here. Everything has to be shipped from it point of manufactur.

Very true.
I was referring to having a go back to school sale here.
I can't find a deal around here.

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant

As a general rule of thumb, you can at least double the State side price on every thing, many things are x3, x4 or more.

But it is still a lot of discount on 2008 motors, especially for here. I have never seen it before. Germans will in general just let the stuff set there for years, before they will seriously reduce the price.

Must be a positive effect, of a very negative economy.