lower unit

bream master

Petty Officer 3rd Class
hi to all.like to no if there are any images or pictures for impeller change on a35hp johno 35el78.........Went out on the lake and noticed hardly any water coming out of pee-hole water pump seems fine,no blockage,so i boiled down to impeller change i use boat to get to and from work and need to fix it fast...Any hlp greatly appreciated.......:cool:

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: lower unit

Check head temps for overheat. How was it before impeller change ???
The more history the better the responses. My 140hp does not exactly "gush out" but my head temps are slightly below normal so no worries. Most likely a restriction in the tell tale line. It literally pours out of the shaft overflow though and that lets out the excess from what i believe.

bream master

Petty Officer 3rd Class

thanks for quick response.no tell tale sighns anywhere,no overheating problems at all.last impeller change 4 to 5 years ago.:cool:

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

If your head temps are good then it is getting enough water circulation. Possibly a blockage in the tell tale system.

bream master

Petty Officer 3rd Class

rightly so,but desperately need some sought of no how on how to remove and install ,my manual doesnt tell me squat or not much at all .....pls any hlp appreciated........THANKS:cool: