Pro Series to Salt water series II props

duelintentions

Recruit
I am looking to move to a salt water series II prop. I currently have stock pro series 14 1/2 23 props on my Polar 2700 CC with twin Yamaha 250's. WOT with the current props with light load ( me plus 2 others) gets me to 59MPH GPS and 5500 rpm. I am a diver as well as a fisherman and when I load up with tanks and gear, I am really struggling with both hole shot and Top Speed. WOT was 5100 RPM and 48 mph. I looked at the Yamaha website and I do not see a 14 1/2 23 Salt water series II prop. I dinged my starboard prop pretty good at the boat ramp so am deciding now might be the time to go ahead and upgrade. How much difference will the Salt Water Series II props make and which ones should I go to and what should I do about the heavy load issues

duelintentions

Recruit
Re: Pro Series to Salt water series II props

After looking a little closer at my prop, I don't have any idea what model prop I have. It is a 14 1/2 23, but the part number stamped in the prop is 23 ML on the starboard engine. I just had it serviced and it seems that maybe I dont have the same props anymore.

water wiggle

Cadet
Re: Pro Series to Salt water series II props

The 23M is a Yamaha prop and they are a good strong prop. Ran a 25m on a 150 yamaha prov 150 and it was the cats meow.