Son's First Time

My 14 year old son went skiing for his first time today, got up on his 3rd try, and as the day went by he just got better and better. The really cool part is that I've never been on water skis (once upon a time I was pretty good on snow skis, but I don't believe there's much in common) so he didn't really have any kind of instruction, nor have I ever pulled a skier before - we both spent some time studying this forum and learned enough here to point us in the right direction. (Of course it probably helped that my son is very athletic and has been running and working out all summer.) Anyway I think my grin was bigger than his.

TommyA

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Son's First Time

Wow that is a great story! I have water skied and snow skied most of my life and thinking back I don't really remember anyone telling me how to do either. I just got out and did it. You understand what the ideal outcome so you just do what you need to reach that. Now for a real fun adventure, try getting your son to teach you how to water ski.:p

Re: Son's First Time

...I don't really remember anyone telling me how to do either. I just got out and did it.

That's exactly how I learned to snow ski. When I was in college a few of us would go several times each winter. After a couple winters I actually got pretty decent - to the point where I had fun going down the black diamond slopes (as opposed to just surviving them).

.....Now for a real fun adventure, try getting your son to teach you how to water ski.:p

Hah, that ain't gonna' happen. Too old, too fat, and too many old sports injuries.

Anyway, the iBoats forums are great - plenty of folks with good experience willing to take the time to spread their knowledge.