Johnson / Evinrude electric shift wiring

88Bluefin

Recruit
Hey guys ... I have a couple of electric shift motors I hope to make a good one out of the two -- only problem is the wiring harnesses are all cobbed up.. can anyone send me a schemetic for selectric or electic shift motors... or maybe point me to a manual that would have the diagrams... thnx tons Ed

patrick4266

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Johnson / Evinrude electric shift wiring

I would think they are very, year, model, hp ect ,motor specific. However I have the diagram for a 1972 85 hp evinrude selectric shift, if that would help.

oldrudedude

Chief Petty Officer

What is your year and hp? I have a diagram for a 1971 evinrude 50 selectric.

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner

88BlueFin..... What's the model number of that engine?

tommygrayeagle

Recruit

Sir: I have a 1972 85 Evenrude with electric shift.I bought a push botton shift off ebay for it.I cut out a hole to mount it on the dash.Now I need to know what wired go where.Can you help?

oldrudedude

Chief Petty Officer

I had my push button selector switch apart to repair it. That was three years ago so my memory is not fresh. There is a picture of the bottom of the switch in my factory manual. This is how I would describe the connections: If you look at the bottom of the switch and hold it so the arrangement of the terminals forms a capital "L" , the top terminal has a purple lead (power from the ignition switch), middle terminal has a blue lead from the reverse solenoid, and the terminal on the right has a green lead from the neutral solenoid.

I hope this helps. Mine is a 1971 50hp but I assume yours is wired the same.