Boat crash driver charged with DUI

rndn

Commander
I had posted the original article back at the end of June 2008 when the crash first happened. It happened at 2:00am on Lake Ontario at the port of Rochester. I don't know why it took so long but they finally charged the driver with manslaughter and DUI along with a few other charges. Here's the linkt to the followup story. Another alcohol/drugs and boating doesn't mix story.

http://www.whec.com/article/stories/S530714.shtml?cat=566

xxxflhrci

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Boat crash driver charged with DUI

I can tell you why it took so long.....They waited until all of the evidence was in before making the charge...Things like toxicology reports and accident reconstruction. A delay in making "the right" charge is not uncommon.

kyle f

Chief Petty Officer

He has no one to blame bu himself. He wil have a lot of time to ponder this mistake. I wonder why he didn't slowdown or turn when someone yelled about the pier.

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Passengers stated they didn't like riding with Eddy when he was drinking. THEN WHY DID THEY.

Shizzy

Ensign

Passengers stated they didn't like riding with Eddy when he was drinking. THEN WHY DID THEY.

I had an exerience last summer when I didnt know my Friend had as many beers as he did till we were 3 lakes away from the cabin. I just thought he was being a little aggressive. Had I know he was 10 beers in I wouldnt have gotten on the boat.

BTW I was very close to asking to just be let off wherever and would have found my way back. I had no shoes or wallet, so I decided to take my chances.