having second thoughts

Ezrider_92356

Chief Petty Officer
well im finishing up my transom floor and stringer job motor is mounted back on all controls are hooked up everything is back together other than building some seat bases i dropped the boat off at the the shop for new watter pump impeller and carb cleaning. im starting to think i should have just done it myself, its gong to cost me more money for something i could have done myself, although im not that fimilar with outboards iv very good with a wrench i just didn't feel like messing with it, plus i wont have it back till Monday and i don't know what ill do without my boat till then. i worked for 2 hours today cleaning the garage and there is still a long way to go the walls and ceiling are covered in white dust. it is just going to bug me to not have my boat to work on for 3 days

NoKlu

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: having second thoughts

It sound's like you just about got that one wrapped up any way. Maybe it's time to start checking craigslist and ebay for another project? :eek::D

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

the little woman will be happy if you get rid of that dust, and quit tracking it into the house. that will take 3 days.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

after the room ane walls are swept and blown off......the stuff is taken to the dump......get on them seat bases man !!!!! :D

Ezrider_92356

Chief Petty Officer

well the garage is starting to get pretty clean. went out and did some shore fishing tonight and burned up a bunch of old rotten wood in the campfire. next thing to do is pull all of the free standing racking iv got up along the peremiter of the garage into the middle and clean up the 2 inch layer of crap underneath it. and put all that **** back. im going to go help a friend get the front end of his Chevy put back together tomorrow because he wrecked his truck last week. so that will take up a lot of the day tomorrow. today i went and got new tags for the boat. as far as looking for my next project, there is still alot of cosmetic stuff to do to the boat, but it will be back on the watter probably by the middle of the week.

drewpster

Commander

Luck dog. I got three years in my little project and at least another year before it will get wet. All I wanted to do is a little painting, maybe some updating. Geez I got to go and rebuild the whole stinking thing. I hate me sometimes. AND my shop is a bloody mess.:mad:

Ezrider_92356

Chief Petty Officer

i feel your pain, i bought the boat 10/21/07 and it has not seen watter yet. its still not pretty but its a solid boat now. 2 months ago it was still an empty shell iv been plugging away at it 3-5 hours a day sense then 7 days a week. trying to get it wet and some time to enjoy it before everything freezes over and catch the fall bite. my plan is to get it %100 functional so that next spring i can pull it out of the garage and use it whenever i want and work on the cosmetics on the days that aren't so nice for boating. when i got the boat it probaly still had a season or two left in it but my plan was to rebiuld it over the winter and have it ready by spring, well you see how that worked out. my new goals are a little more realistic, -40 degree winters and an uninsulated garage with a ready heater didn't work out as planned...lol

Ezrider_92356

Chief Petty Officer

well we have had alot of rain the last two days so i went to go check on my boat as its sitting outside, no one was at the shop cause it is Sunday i looked and realized it was backed up a slope and even with the tounge jack all the way up the bow was still low. and there was watter in the bilge. i just about had a heart attack but i picked up the front of the trailer as high as i could and about 3 gallons of watter drained out. and now theres no watter in the bilge, i cant wait to get this thing back tomorrow and put it back in my garage.