Which drive is this?

Chris Hyde

Seaman Apprentice
I cant figure out which model Volvo drive this is to order props. Anyone know?

DSC05124.jpg

DSC05125.jpg

DSC05126.jpg

chiefalen

Captain
Re: Which drive is this?

HAAAAAAA. Did you run it and see if both shafts are turning? Hard to tell splines ok.

This site will have props for you. I know my friend payed 600 for bravo 3 props.

chiefalen

Captain

Oh by the way you have a in my own opinion the best of the best.You are lucky cause it seems you know very little.

Chris Hyde

Seaman Apprentice

HAAAAAAA. Did you run it and see if both shafts are turning? Hard to tell splines ok.

This site will have props for you. I know my friend payed 600 for bravo 3 props.

Yes, both shafts turn. Yep, splines are ok.

chiefalen

Captain

You should change your name to lucky. At your earliest convienence, would you be so kind as to post the #s off the drive.

Chris Hyde

Seaman Apprentice

You should change your name to lucky. At your earliest convienence, would you be so kind as to post the #s off the drive.

On the drive: Volvo Penta 854930 FA 393-01

On the very bottom of the trim ring: Volvo Penta 852835 2332 ZN

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You have a 290 style DP drive. Probably in the DP-C or d models by looking at the trim cylinder hookup and the color of the drive.
Best thing to do is disconnect the helmet from the upper gear box. There is a metal tag on the gear box that gives the model number.

Maclin

Admiral

Chris,

You will need a set of B series aluminum or C series stainless steel. The props you have are marked. I think you said they are aluminum, so they will have a B then a number then a 6 digit part number. The number after the B is the pitch. The pitches range from B1 thru B7 and I have even seen B8's. Yours is probably a B5 or B6 or B7 set. If your boat performed well before this then just replace with the same pitch.

New sets should be betwen $500 and $650 list. You can probably get a set for right around $500. eBay usually has some listed, just be sure of what you want before you get them from there.

Here is a link to the Volvo prop guide for reference.....:
http://www.volvo.com/NR/rdonlyres/2D2F5550-D247-4F3D-BE18-B8D3E71BEAA6/0/Prop_guide_2005_2006.pdf

Chris Hyde

Seaman Apprentice

I have B7's. Could I keep the B7 rear prop and change the front prop to a B5? I found a deal on a brand new B5 for $199.00. Please forgive my ignorance as I am learning. I can build motors in my sleep but outdrives are foreign to me.

Bob225

Recruit

looks like my 280

Attachments

• Duo-Props.JPG
    Duo-Props.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 0

Maclin

Admiral

I have B7's. Could I keep the B7 rear prop and change the front prop to a B5? I found a deal on a brand new B5 for $199.00. Please forgive my ignorance as I am learning. I can build motors in my sleep but outdrives are foreign to me.

NO! Do not mix them. The Volvo prop guide has that spelled out as well. They have to be a matched set.

I just sold a reconditioned B7 set on eBay for $400, they went to Denmark, sorry, last spare set I had!

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

No, don't go mixing 7's and 5's. They are designed to work together. Besides, if you want to talk props, we have a perfectly good prop forum for that, and have your WOT rpm's handy when you post there. That is the determining factor, especially on DP's/
Besides, you have a lot of drive work to be done before you need props again.