1999 johnson 25hp. electric start fuel problem?

470fish

Recruit
when i start the tiller control 25hp it starts easy,idles a moment,kicks and dies.restart is easy idles kicks and dies. it appears to be a fuel problem. i am new to outboard repair on my motor.i have checked the fuel system and changed the spark plugs,but it continues. i decarboned with johnson power tune,cleaned carb soak overnite still a problem. i cleaned fuel tank..new gas oil ratio exact..replaced the factory recommended plugs,top plug(two cylinder)was fouled..checked the ohm on ignition coil,ok...compression 101 both cylinders..once motor is in gear at higher speed i can still feel motor kick and run good etc.the motor tank connection disconected line pumped to firm, fuel spays out of quick disconect..i ordered new one..the fuel pump removed from power head appears to have fuel in vacum port..ordered new rebuild for fuel pump...also ordered carb kit. any one further ideas? as soon as i recieve the rebuild parts i will inform of condition...until then has any one experianced this idle hard kick die problem? :confused: