Force 120 - need carb

Lockerr

Recruit
Hi all!

i'm from Russia - and even here we have an Force and also troubles with them. My carbs (Tillotcon with float - TC134) are leaking very much, tryed to rebuild them - bottom now is in average condition, but top carb has been broken - due to to much forced tight of bolt.

now i'm looking for rebuilded or for new replacement carb for my Force-120, 98 year. Can you tell me somebody who really can help to buy these stuff? i'm contacted a lot of shops/parts suppliers - but they just promises, not selling.

a season here is very short really hope on yours help :confused:

with warm regards from russia,
artem

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: Force 120 - need carb

I saw your private message too late last night to do anything. However I was thinking of you today. I even learned how to write Schelaiv (U?) Vdachi from a Russian acquaintance. I can't distinguish between V and U in his writing.

Anyway breaking a carb makes it difficult. I am not too familiar with later Force engines like the 1998. However I suspect that if it has TILLOTSEN carbs, earlier model carbs will bolt on. The problem is that some of the engines have different jets in the top and bottom carbs. So, if you do buy another carb different than your TC 134, you would need to buy both (The set) of them.

Sorry I can not be more help, but maybe some others will jump in here with some suggestions.

And for some of you guys who may jump in: I found out that Google has English to Russian translation Which may make Artem's task a bit easier, but I just don't have the time to research it.

Lockerr

Recruit

I saw your private message too late last night to do anything. However I was thinking of you today. I even learned how to write Schelaiv (U?) Vdachi from a Russian acquaintance. I can't distinguish between V and U in his writing.

Anyway breaking a carb makes it difficult. I am not too familiar with later Force engines like the 1998. However I suspect that if it has TILLOTSEN carbs, earlier model carbs will bolt on. The problem is that some of the engines have different jets in the top and bottom carbs. So, if you do buy another carb different than your TC 134, you would need to buy both (The set) of them.

Sorry I can not be more help, but maybe some others will jump in here with some suggestions.

And for some of you guys who may jump in: I found out that Google has English to Russian translation Which may make Artem's task a bit easier, but I just don't have the time to research it.

Hi Frank!
thanks a lot for your answer.

about buy another carb - it's my dream to replace Tillotson with any Mikuni or any other RELIABLE carb. I'm ready to buy set (both) of new Tillotson - just need to engine start to work this season. So buy both carbs absolutely non finance problem - just problem - where to buy :) hope will find decision with help of this forum.

with best regards,
artem

Lockerr

Recruit

up! anybody knows where to buy Tillotson carbs? or replacements :)

Lockerr

Recruit

also one question: THe seats in my carbs are pressed in, are they replaceable? possible somebody know a Part number for carb rebuild kit?

jim_b_20653

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have a pair of Carbs from a 1988 Force 125. Not sure if they are the same or not.

svous

Recruit

I have the same engine. The till. Carbs brand new from a mercury dealer are only $130.00 US. I have rebuilt mine 2 times. 1st time they were great, second time not so good, so i bought 2 new ones and the engine runs great.

svous

Recruit

mukuni carbs? im curious will they bolt right up ?