Trailer questions

deersnypr

Cadet
Hey Guys, 2 quick questions

1. I just got a new Four Winns 180, and about the 3rd time I took it out, I noticed the blue wire for the surge brakes was not connected to anything in the trailer. It has a black plastic connection on it and looks as if it was pulled out. I can't find where this goes back on the surge brakes to disengage. Can anyone help?

2. Can someone fill me in on greasing the bearings... how often? and how do I know when they're low and how to not overfill them.

Thanks.

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Trailer questions

If you only have a flat 4 pin they may have left that wire disconnected, From what I remember, the blue wire goes to your reverse light to give you braking lockout in reverse. All that requires a 5 pin plug. On the wheel bearings; if you have bearing buddies you will notice a flat plate behind the spring. Using a synthetic high temp marine grade wheel bearing grease, pump it up untill you notice that flat plate just starting to rise up toward you. I check mine at least once a month or so. Also. if your trailer is new and the leaf springs are not heavily rusted, try this. Lay some newspaper or cardboard under them. Using some cheap motor oil, just saturate the springs the best you can in the oil. Leave it sit for a few hours or overnight if possible. Those springs will soak up an amount of that oil and will inhibit rusting.