Fuel pump solution and a newby

Macwrench

Seaman Apprentice
Being a new (old) boat owner, I've been lurking these forums for a few weeks. Today I repaired my 94 140 with what I learned here. Thanks guys! My motor would run on the hose for about a minute, and then would die unless you pumped the bulb. I thought fuel pump so I searched topics. Turns out that was correct. I removed the VRO2 fuel pump today and installed a fuel-only replacement. (It's been premixed for a while) It wasn't cheap, but it fixed it. I also disassembled the old VRO2 pump and discovered the fuel bellows cracked the full circumference along with the plastic center cracked. I'm glad I didn't get the repair kit. This pump also came with a new pulse limiter.

**Shameless plug** Kevin at Kevins boat and motor repair (Telephone Road, Houston, TX) was super! He discussed my problem, showed me parts, breakdowns, etc. He even suggested I clean the thermostats and told me how to do it. I could have thanked him and walked out, but decided to buy my pump from him even though it would be cheaper on the internet. He had it the next day! Great guy. And remember, keep your money local and support the one's that support you!:D

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Fuel pump solution and a newby

great to hear, but i agree some what with keep the money local. also when ordering internet, keep the money local, and buy from the iboats marine store. it is the benefactor of the great free forum.

Macwrench

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Fuel pump solution and a newby

also when ordering internet, keep the money local, and buy from the iboats marine store. it is the benefactor of the great free forum.

Thanks for that info. I'm gonna go see where I can spend more boat money right now. :D