What boat for fishing/diving/cruising??

sr_ryan1

Seaman Apprentice
iv been looking at the bayliner 2252 for all this, but it looks not to have much deck space, i need somthing that will fit 4 people with 2 tanks a piece, diveing/fishing gear/ coolers fresh water wash down. i would like to keep the boat around 22 feet as ill have to tow it around and thats about as big as my truck can pull.
suggestions anyone?

thanks

vandy21

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: What boat for fishing/diving/cruising??

Do you want a bowrider or cuddy? I know the 2252 is a cuddy, but you may get more deck space with a bowrider. But the bayliner 2252 would probably work well for what you are looking for.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

you need to look at the fishing designed cuddys. walk arounds. they don't have all the bling, and more usable space.

sr_ryan1

Seaman Apprentice

the only walk arounds i see have outboards and id reather have inboard.

vandy21

Petty Officer 1st Class

With all due respect, may I ask why you would rather have an inboard? An outboard seems like it would work well for your purposes, but if you want and inboard than get one.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

in the keys 75% or more boats are Outboards. the reason they are 100% salt water boats. there are a lot of older boats, that the owner has repowered. much cheaper to repower and outboard. even the charter dive boats are usually twin outboards.

sr_ryan1

Seaman Apprentice

they are just bad on gas my yamaha 200's only get about 1 mile to the gallon

but that was with about 6 people and 500 lbs of coolers and beer

Neverhome

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Take a look at the 2359 Trophy with a 5.7 Mercruiser. Plenty of room for gear both in the cockpit and in the sleeping quarters. Fully enclosed cabin with a refrigerator, sink, dinette and alcohol stove, head with holding tank.
I bought one new in 2002 and love it. I just added an invertor and microwave. It is a dry boat and handles rough water very well. You can fish or cruise. The PRO model is set up with two fish wells and a live well. The newer models are available with diesel power plants. I don't suggest going with a smaller engine. The only draw back is the small 87 gallon fuel tank. Other than that I am very happy with it.

Neverhome