fuel tank sending unit

Ernie C

Recruit
:confused: Hey, I'm new at this, so please bear with me. I have had a 1975 SRV 220 Cuddycabin for about 11 years. Still runs great and am always getting compliments on it. I have been unable to locate the filler neck and the sending unit on the 70 gal. v-bottom belly fuel tank on this boat. Does anyone out there have a clue where these are? I don't really want to tear up my deck!

D

DJ

Re: fuel tank sending unit

:confused: I don't really want to tear up my deck!

The fill would be on the forward end of the tank and the sender in the middle.

Most newer boats have deck plates covering those areas. Are you sure you don't have those? They're usually round and are either black or white and about 6" in diameter.

Otherwise, parts of the deck have to come up.

Ernie C

Recruit
Re: fuel tank sending unit

Hey, appreciate the feed back. As stated, it's a 1975 Searay SRV220 cuddy with no deck plates. This boat's cockpit has been completely restored. Open cockpit with two pedestal captains chairs and an engine cover. Was hoping that possibly someone with same style & approximate year either in the process of a repair that entails removal of the deck and/or possibly has finished said repair, may remember location of the filler tube, vent, and sending unit. Maybe they would even have pics.:confused: