Compressor Ice chests

Splat

Lieutenant
Does anybody have any experience with compressor powered coolers. I've used Thermo electric coolers before and as long as the food was cold to start with and you could keep them in the shade they worked ok. On my new boat I don't have a good shady place to keep a cooler, and these seem to operate better. They are also more expensive at almost $500. Just curious what you all think, or if you have any better ideas.

http://www.boatelectric.com/waeco models.htm

I'd like something to keep in the truck while at the campground, and in the boat while fishing, ice works, but no ice is just cooler(sorry bad pun)

Bill

ncs2929

Cadet
Re: Compressor Ice chests

I have one not that brand. Had it for years don't use it much anymore mainly when I was in sales it would keep ice cream frozen or cool beverages real good. It has a real compressor, freon and the whole 9 yards. But big drawback (and mine is older) forget to turn off or unplug and battery will go dead-dead. Also kinda heavy to tote around. Mine runs on 12V and 110. New ones may not draw as much juice. Just watch that part, but if you have 110 to hook to your alright.
Nels