Saint Augistine, Fl

baconbiscut

Petty Officer 1st Class
Me and a buddy of mine are taking a trip down to Saint Augistine for the first threee days of August. We live just south of the Buckman bridge on the St. Johns River. We measured out the trip it's about 70 miles through the ICW. We were planning on renting a slip for the time were there(3 Days) and we were gonna stay in a Hotel. What Percautions should I take on leaveing the boat over night? Also what additional safety equipment Should I take along on the trip.

Thanks Much, Dan

mikeneal

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Saint Augustine, Fl

Re: Saint Augustine, Fl

We spent along weekend in Saint Augustine a couple months ago and one day did a day trip to Jax, ate at the Landings and headed back. Was a fairly full day on the water but not a bad ride. We have 20 ft bowrider and cruise about 30 mph. The ICW is fairly narrow and but well marked thru there so the water is typically smooth.

I would take typical tools and supplies along, not sure what kind of boat you have but I would make sure the auto bilge pump works , the odds are you will get some rain either in route or while tied up at hotel. Where are you staying?

baconbiscut

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Saint Augistine, Fl

We have a Formula 27ft cabin cruiser. Were going to be keeping the boat at the St. Augustine Municipal Marina and were gonna be staying at the Casa Monica Hotel.