202 Sportcraft Fishmaster (interlux)

Off-Peak

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi Gang.... Great site!!! I am enjoying this forum and its time to ask for some help.... I am getting started on my project; Fishmaster 202 CC... We love the boat - but its U-G-L-Y!!! For the sake of this post its about Interlux or other paints. I had a vision of sky-blue above the water line and a fresh white on the deck. Here is where the fun starts, I have read up on the ilux paints and think the Perfection (2-part) is the way to go, however they do not offer a sky-blue color. Other ilux paints do come in sky-blue. Oddly, the site says they not for a speed boat. What is a speed boat to the ilux paint company????

Has anyone heard of success with ilux paints that were NOT perfection line?

Thank you!!
Kevin

About the boat: the boat is trailered and stored in a covered setting. I plan to use 8-10 times a year in both fresh and saltwater. Old Merc 135 Hp pushing 2400lbs plus the family...

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 202 Sportcraft Fishmaster (interlux)

you will hate a pure white deck, it glares, reflects heat and sun. blinds you.

Off-Peak

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 202 Sportcraft Fishmaster (interlux)

you will hate a pure white deck, it glares, reflects heat and sun. blinds you.

Yes...I saw that in another post of yours.... Okay, I am sold! Off white or darker it is. The orig color is a tad too dark/dirty for me.

I also notice in other post you have had years of success with other paints (not ilux) but oil based stuff I can get at Lowes / HD ect... What do you use to paint / rehab an old boat. Dont get me wrong, I am not 100% sold on ilux if I can get a decent job from spraying an oil-based paint. I was going to tip & roll the ilux product, but have no problem with spraying an oil-based paint...

GO GATORS!!! (wife & I are both Gators)

Your thoughts?