1996 GTX SEA-D00 Cutting Out!

alwaysoutawater

Recruit
My first run in the lake this year my GTX went all day and started cutting a little at the end, but not bad. My second trip I barely got across the lake and could barely get up to 20mph without is cutting out and getting slower and slower. I took it took to the shop and they replaced the plugs and filter. My third trip I made it to about the same spot and it would cut out and I barely make it back at a big 8mph. I did read in a previous post about possibility of bad gas. I do have the same gas from when I put up last year which was almost a full tank and ran fine on my first outting. The person at the shop said that on the older Sea-Doo models that the fuel lines sometimes need to be replaced and this may be causing this. Any suggestions!

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1996 GTX SEA-D00 Cutting Out!

old fuel can cause this,, clogged lines, or trash in the bottom of the fuel tank, air getting in the fuel lines from loose clamps, bad selector on fuel lines, clogged internal filters in the carbs, bad diaphragms in carbs. all could be causing this issue. also water in the fuel can do this. look in the plastic water trap under the front of the ski see if it has dirt or water inside it.