location of water discharge(pee hole)

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Re: location of water discharge(pee hole)

Does that model have a tell tale? I had a 76 with one but believe it was retrofitted. Cant recall now.

If it does, the water should exit there. If it isnt 'pissing', it is either clogged, the water pump is faulty, there is a blockage in the cooling system, or the water intake area is blocked.

If it does not, the water will exit via the prop and the exhaust relief.

iwombat

Captain

no tell-tale on a '77

kingkong

Recruit

hi im not sure how to post a question im new to this site but does any body know if i hav caused any long term damage to a 55hp 1988 suzuki outboard!!i had it on the water for the first time and noticed that water wasnt running out the pee hole but my no water warning sounder wasnt going off and i didnt smell any overheating or steaming of anysort!!i was on the water riding round for about 40minutes!!i returned home and unblocked the pee hole with high pressure hose!and tested with my ear muff type hose testers and it unblocked and ran freely!!
the motor still starts first pop and i notice no daMAGE!would this pee hole being blocked hav caused issues or is there other ways the motor can stay cooled in case this happins..
any help would be good,just for peace of mind

david_r

Lieutenant Junior Grade

welcome to iboats kingkong!

if you go back to the other page you will find yamaha and suzuki.

the pisser is only to let you know its working.........the water will still circulate with it clogged you just wont have any indication.

you should be fine.